Thursday 29 November 2012

Layouts Year 2

Some sketches of chairs, cars and the like handed in for Layout class. Will upload more personal and creative stuff soon, just have to scan them out of my sketchbook













The following Layouts are based off of thumbnails credited to Piotr Bielicki my layout professor. The assignments were to take the basic image composition of the thumbnail, and then to add texture, detail and lighting to the scene. The goal was to separate the foreground from the mid and background, paying close attention also to contrasts in places of interest in the image. Although everyone received the same thumbnails, many great looking and different styled images were produced and I thoroughly enjoyed this project and feel like I've learned the importance of doing good reference research on topics that I would have once been terrified to try and draw. Without further rambling... I give you LAYOUTS!




Check out Older Posts over here-------------------------------------->>

No comments:

Post a Comment