Thursday 29 November 2012

Painting Year 2

Haven't done a whole lot of painting this year, the projects seem a bit bigger and more time in between them. I feel like painting is still one of my areas that could use development, but I feel I'm slowly getting the hang of it.


This is the concept process and Final for my Exterior painting, assignment 1.







This was an quick extra painting done to test out masking fluid. It's a wonder I painted without this stuff before, results are good, and I use if religiously with painting now :D
i applied the masking fluid to the character and fish while i applied a wash to the background, and then slowly worked my way forward, masking out certain things that I wanted to paint last after washes of color and broad strokes. I'd love to come back to this one when I feel more confident with digital painting.


The Following are the concept design, color studies, and final of my Interior Painting assignment 2. Really enjoyed this painting about halfway into the color studies. It was a bit tough at first but once i started to enjoy, it got easier and the ideas went straight from imagination to canvas and paint. Strange how I once hated painting, but now I feel how expressive it can be if you let it.







No comments:

Post a Comment